« Back to Listings
Data Security Analyst
Our client based in Sterling Virginia has an immediate requirement for a Data Security Analyst. This position has a strong emphasis on data privacy and data protection and is responsible for reviewing, assessing, recommending and implementing policy and technical controls to ensure effective data security.
- Support data security initiatives across the Information Security Department and Privacy Office
- Respond to day-to-day requests from Data Security, Information Security Team, and the CISO including on enterprise-wide initiatives
- Design, implement and support GDPR/CCPA compliance and data security controls
- Monitor and analyze the results, trends, patterns, and events from Data Security and Privacy Compliance Tools (SAS, OneTrust, BigID, etc.) as well as other tools (Splunk/QRadar) to enforce Data Privacy and Security requirements
- Recognize potential data security and compliance issues through reviews and analyses
- Develop and maintain Data Flow Diagrams for new and critical business and IT processes and services
- Perform periodic Data Discovery Scan and mapping for Critical Data (e.g., PCI, GDPR/CCPA, etc.) and work with data owners to identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Develop and implement data security standard operating procedure (SOP) and enforce requirements.
- Provide data security requirements and guidance on secure software development and deployment
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement data security solutions through open-source and COTS tools
- Coordinate with business and IT teams, as an SME/InfoSec liaison, supporting data security initiatives
- Recommend, install, manage, and maintain Data Security/Privacy Tools (iPET) when deployed and as appropriate
- Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating data security controls as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in IT security or related discipline
- Certificate in one or more of the following: CIPP (US/E), CIPT, CIPM, CISSP, GCFE/GCFA, GCIH, CEH, OSCP, CHFI
- 3+ years of progressive experience within Information Security Dept. (Cyber SecOps, Security Architecture & Engineering, and/or Data Security/Forensic Analysis)
- 2+ years of data security and/or security architecture/engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience with cloud security environments
- Comprehensive understanding of privacy compliance programs such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), etc.
- Strong understanding and experience with data security compliance, control design, and processes
- SME level knowledge of data security and privacy-enhancing technologies and tools
- 2+ years of experience, supporting Cybersecurity Operation program(s) using security solutions such as enterprise data loss prevention tools, data encryption technologies, SIEM, EDR, etc.
- Strong foundation of Network and Security skills, fundamental knowledge of Windows, Linux operating systems, networking protocols, and network traffic analysis, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with users, team members and senior management
- Ability to Investigate, interpret, and respond to technical and/or complex IT security data
- Proven ability to work within matrixed resources in a team environment. Strong organizational, time management and diplomacy skills
- Ability to create policies and technical documents (SOPs) as necessary
- Working knowledge of digital forensic tools (Encase, SIFT Workstation, etc)
- Working knowledge and experience in leading and performing data security, data privacy discussions, reviews, and IT security audits
- Ability to develop and report performance and risk metrics (KPIs/KRIs- Status Reporting and Dashboards for senior management)
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001