Our client a leading healthcare company just north of the Boston area is looking for a PACS Administrator to join their team. The PACS Administrator, reporting to the Team Lead of Downstream Application Operations, is responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the computer technology systems utilized by the Radiology staff, to include but not limited to the administration of the picture archiving and communications system (McKesson PACS), attached modalities, CRA RiskApps, Radimetrics dose reporting, Mobile Aspects RFID tracking, PowerScribe 360 voice dictation, Lexmark Modlink, and additional ancillary information systems as relevant to multiple sites and satellite imaging centers. The PACS Administrator serves as a liaison between departments and the Radiology service line for the purposes of assuring the computer technology systems operate efficiently with minimal disruption to operations. The incumbent will have both on-site and off-site responsibilities as part of an on-call rotation to respond to, translate, communicate and escalate (when appropriate) any technology failures related to the Radiology service line computer applications. Likewise, the PACS Administrator serves as an educational resource to Radiology service line personnel communicating any new changes to existing computer technology systems as a result of new build/enhancement/upgrades, feedback from staff, and/or a reported patient safety event.
• Coordinates the implementation of any new and upgraded system software and hardware for Radiology service line in accordance with project initiation and fulfillment processes.
• Assists the Director, Radiology Managers, Clinical Engineering and staff in collaboration with personnel with the inventorying and assessment of potential new and upgraded modalities, and the respective build and testing considerations relative to the current state workflows at the various Radiology locations. Utilizes IT standards and best practices when deploying industry standard protocols.
• Work with Radiology modality managers and training teams to identify the appropriate educational materials and documentation required to effectively onboard and maintain competency amongst Radiology staff.
• Assists Radiology personnel and allied health professional colleagues with issues concerning electronic Radiology ordering and analyzing relevant EPIC Radiant procedure code harmonization between downstream applications (e.g. PACS, PowerScribe, modalities) when additions or modifications occur to the enterprise master files.
• Communicates as a liaison for Radiology service line. Escalates high visibility issues involving Radiology informatics promptly to manager.
• Awareness and familiarity with inspection requirements as it relates to procedural documentation and checklists.
• Assists in error monitoring to ensure providers, worklists, patient merges, imaging QA and interface transactions are reliably filing in clinical systems.
• Assists team members with testing relevant imaging workflows as outlined in testing scripts.
• Supports reading Radiologists by offering assistance with the various applications from both a software training and hardware maintenance perspective inclusive of ensuring devices meet performance and quality expectations of clinicians (e.g. monitor calibration)
• Prepares department leadership surrounding upcoming downtimes and relevant business continuity procedures.
• Facilitates requests for user access and password resets and relevant documentation.
• Mentors staff to utilize Service Desk for all break/fix requests and acknowledges/updates/closes tickets that are assigned to him/her. Adheres to change management procedures.
• Required: Strong analytical & communication skills; proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Skype, Powerpoint), Access and Visio; confidence when intervening with professionals & non-professionals; ability to anticipate and assess teaching needs of all Radiology personnel as they relate to computer system technology. Knowledge of DICOM, TCP/IP.
• Preferred: Knowledge of HL7 and XDS-I
• Required: Minimum of 2 years experience working in a clinical environment.
• Preferred: Background in Radiology computer system technology, particularly McKesson PACS installations.
• Bachelors Degree or 4 years experience working within a clinical Radiology or IS department
Preferred: Additional degree related to computer science or systems technology preferred; or considerable related experience required.
• Preferred: CIIP, CPSA, CPAS, CDIP, RT
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001