« Back to Listings
IT Manager, Web Development
This is an entry-level management role and individuals in this role will manage a small to mid-size team of IT professionals working within agile/infrastructure/or operations teams.
The IT Manager will lead a scrum team for the project. The team will be responsible for building new Policy Administration capabilities.
The role is responsible for achieving the software/solutions/services delivery commitments of the team. They work to maximize the effectiveness of the team and takes actions to increase performance of the team. They develop, mentor and coach team members while promoting and facilitating their professional development and ensures plans are in place to elevate the performance of the team. They work with product owners or other relevant partners and IT leadership to ensure that there is a steady flow of valuable solutions coming from the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for, oversees and evaluates the overall delivery of the team and acts to address issues when necessary.
- Ensures the team has a well-defined backlog of valuable work.
- Removes obstacles and roadblocks that impact the performance of the team.
- For Agile teams, works with business partners and team to translate the business strategy or roadmap into backlog items.
- For Infrastructure and Operations teams, ensures that we benchmark against associated services to keep service delivery and support at an appropriate cost.
- Mentors, coaches, and inspires team members to higher levels of performance. Ensures development plans are focused on enhancing skills and expertise needed within the team.
- Identifies and addresses skills gaps in the team that may impact its ability to meet business needs.
- Develops a self-organizing team (cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative, works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management activities that make self-organization successful.
- Conducts regular reviews of each team member’s plan and ensures the team member is progressing and addressing skill development needs.
- May serve in a Scrum or Kanban Master role.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
- Bachelors degree in computer science preferred, or relevant technical experience
- Experience and knowledge in Scrum/Agile
- Has 5+ years experience in an IT field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Software development or technology background with strong knowledge of relevant technical disciplines
- Demonstrates understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities
- Able to effectively coach and mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Proficient in methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants
- Displays good interpersonal skills at all levels of contact in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to customers in their own language
- Demonstrates the ability to champion change and support teams through change
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically, challenge conventional thinking, and generate and apply unique business insight to create a competitive advantage for the organization.
Based on the focus of these agile delivery teams, knowledge and experience with one or more of the following technologies is preferred: