« Back to Listings
Data Scientist - Fleet
Our client, a world leading environmental services corporation, is actively seek a data scientist with fleet management experience to join their team in Houston, TX. The selected candidate will be part of the Enterprise Analytics & Data Management (EADM) team and digital organization. As a member of EADM you will deliver insights and solutions across the organization in areas such as fleet management, logistics, revenue management, customer experience, people analytics, business operations and more.
The Data Scientist - Fleet will support our business and digital teams with insights gained from analyzing financial, operational, and fleet maintenance data. The ideal candidate is adept at developing models using large data sets to improve fleet uptime and reliability. Candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, applying algorithms and creating/running simulations. They will have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights and must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
This role will drive predictive and prescriptive analytics to guide and support strategic decisions, leverage machine learning techniques to identify new opportunities to drive the business growth through rapid development and deployment of scientific solutions.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Support the business teams by providing analysis of asset allocation, retirement and replacement strategies.
- Create custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Apply fleet data (telematics, diagnostics, historical maintenance and repairs) to improve asset uptime and reliability.
- Develop and deploy both traditional statistical models and machine learning techniques and algorithms: GLM/Regression, clustering, neural networks, Anomaly Detection, Random Forest etc.
- Team up with in-house data strategy experts to design analytically ready datasets by stitching data across multiple platforms and incorporating business rules.
- Continually validate model performance and update models based on changing business strategies/objectives.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- A Master’s or PHD in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- 4+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building analytics models.
- Experience working with one or more deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pyro, CNTK, PyTorch.
- Familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Strong Experience manipulating data, querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Matplotlib, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or other Data Science certifications a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to work with users, peers and management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to successfully execute projects.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Detail-oriented but does not lose sight of the big picture.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and understand business processes quickly.
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001