« Back to Listings
AV Desktop Technician
Our client, a leading US Defense Contractor, is actively seeking an Audiovisual Desktop Technician to join their team in Hyattsville, MD on a contract to hire basis. The selected candidate will effectively work to respond to customer service request tickets while providing excellent technical and customer service skills. The ideal candidate will be a enthusiastic team player able to provide a vast array of computer desktop services while successfully working in a Service Level Agreement/metrics driven environment for problem resolution.
- Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing of systems and equipment.
- Supports conference room’s audiovisual and meeting needs including video, videoconference, and display troubleshooting including connectivity for sound and video teleconference (VTC).
- Offers on-site field support to customers performing basic installations, repairs, upgrades and maintenance on hardware and equipment. Assists in the analysis of technical products, systems, and/or software for engineering support.
- Answers customer questions and resolves issues. Refers other issues/questions to appropriate personnel/service area/manager for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Contributes with instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
- Acts as a liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
- Assists in applying engineering principles and practices as they relate to system design, process flow and/or discrete modeling.
- Interacts with the client's engineers, as necessary, to gather information, design changes, requirements, etc. to compile information for the overall solution design.
- Assists in translating the engineering design into software design and development of test plans to verify logic of new or modified technical programs.
- Performs testing of the final product and works with the client's engineers to assure that the product performs as planned.
- Assists in the design of basic technical programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs
- 3+ years of field support experience
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware, software and other IT equipment
- Willing to travel locally as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with customers and other personnel
- Excellent communication skills, time management and organization skills
- High School Diploma/GED
- US Citizenship required
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.