« Back to Listings
Network Engineer - Cisco ASA
Washington, District Of Columbia
Our client, a leading US Defense contractor, is actively seeking a Network Engineer (ASA Firewalls, Cisco routers, VPN) to join their team in Washington, DC on a contract to hire basis. The selected candidate will be responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and data communication networks. The network services team supporting the client will work with Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco routers and switches, and Cisco VPN.
- Manage, configure, support, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco devices
- Work closely with government customer and managers to manage and control policies, configurations, and changes in all Cisco devices
- Monitor and report on the Cisco devices’ performance metrics
- Respond to and process all Incident tickets, Service Requests, and outages for Cisco devices within Service Level Agreements.
- Provide vulnerability management for Cisco devices
- Review Cisco vulnerability databases and other applicable sources to provide Vulnerability Assessment and remediation recommendations
- Create Actionable Items which are approved for the environment
- Open related tasks or deployments and oversee the change requests, including owning the presentation for the internal Change Control Board (CCB)
- Provide consistent documentation methods for accurate reporting
- Record remediation progress for vulnerabilities in a tracking ticket
- Complete Vulnerability project tickets within the required time frames, which include the completion of the required related actionable items and remediation at 100%.
- Communicate with systems owners regarding actions needed to remediate vulnerability.
- Create and maintain documents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and work instructions for Cisco devices.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour's maintenance windows including some weekends
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- At minimum, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, experience implementing local area networks and internet connectivity, experience managing network device security, experience implementing WAN and basic IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity
- Experience operating, maintaining, configuring, making changes to, and troubleshooting Cisco devices:
o ASA firewall
- 8 years of relevant experience in TCP/IP, ACLs, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, NAT, QoS, SNMP, and VoIP.
- Experience with Solarwinds monitoring and IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Experience with network protocol analyzers
- Experience with IPSS, MPLS and MTIPs
- Bachelors degree
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance (must have resided in US for past 5 years with trips out of the country not lasting more than 180 days and credit check)
Nice to have:
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001