« Back to Listings
Raleigh, North Carolina
Our client, a leading US Defense Contractor, is actively seeking an Informatica Developer to join their team on a contract to hire basis in Raleigh, NC. The selected candidate will be working with the Enterprise Analytics team on Enterprise Data Management (EDM) to address common data issues and supports a consistent, recurring approach to manage data. EDM is implementing Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog tool to help provide visibility of organizational data. The EDM tool applies the following:
- Scanning application data storage
- Cataloging and storing the metadata (in terms of tables and columns, related structures) in an internal repository
- The tool provides access to this catalog repository via secured web browser and enables visibility on what data is stored where.
- In summary the EDC tool, offers insight into technical metadata of source applications, the flow of data across different application components and logical grouping of Data Domains.
- Enables Data Discovery (with a google like search of the repository) and Lineage Analysis.
- Enables vision of transformation logic and relationships between data assets.
- Enables association of business terms with technical assets.
- Ability to reach out to teams for cooperation. Interactions may include coaching, interviewing, workshop facilitation, articulating need to socialize data and enable cooperation to build application metadata from various sources.
- Research data flow, visualization using EDC and AXON, build metrics for tracking, presentation and measure
- Research standard operating procedures and process enhancements to adopt to needs of varied data sources.
- Evaluate metadata cataloging methodology and document /articulate appropriate process improvements.
- Strong command of language to help govern metadata definitions and organize consensus on definition and processes.
- Request appropriate data access from various source systems, submit change request, update project plan and perform job related tasks in support of primary duties.
- Operational knowledge of Red Hat Linux, hands on experience in Unix shell scripting to track/automate the jobs using scripts.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, perform root cause analysis and resolve complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution in a computer science, information system or related field
- MUST be US Citizen or GC holder with ability to obtain a PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE (full background and credit check, must have resided in US for the past 5 years with international trips lasting no longer than 180 days consecutively)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Management Systems like Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Informatica ETL
- Experience scripting macros in MS Excel
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001