« Back to Listings
Sr. Data Integration Engineer
The Senior Data Integration Engineer is a customer facing individual capable of executing projects in the OSIsoft PI space in a technical lead capacity. This individual will be responsible for coordinating with customer site contacts and implementing OSI solutions in a challenging real-time process environment. The Data Integration Engineer must be able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Project execution tasks include the installation and configuration of complete OSIsoft PI systems. This ranges from the initial PI Server Installation to the configuration of data collection from a wide variety of possible 3rd party data sources. This individual must have prior experience utilizing PI Organizational and Visualization tools such as PI Asset Framework and PI Coresight/Vision.
He/she shall be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the configuration and/or the custom software components necessary to meet the project requirements for the projects to which he/she is assigned.
He/she shall provide mentoring / leadership to engineers assigned to project work as part of his/her project activities. He/she is expected to develop the technical skills of less senior engineers through direct interaction during development and implementation of project deliverables as well as through the peer review process.
He/she will be expected to provide support as needed to sales, business development, operations and project management functions in the sale of our products and services.
Cooperate with others to uphold our Total Customer Commitment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, Configuration, and maintenance of new or existing OSIsoft PI Systems
- PI Tag and Asset Framework Configuration
- PI Data Analyzation/Visualization utilizing PI Asset Framework and CoreSight/Vision
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows Server/Activity Directory/Domain Issues
- Mentor, develop and train project staff in the design, development, configuration, implementation and documentation of Advanced Services systems projects.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility. Has the authority to stop those work processes at any time it is believed that quality is being compromised.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expectations:
- Installation, Configuration, and lifecycle management of the Full OSIsoft PI Product Suite
- Willing to keep up with and learn the ever evolving OSIsoft Product Suit
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- High problem-solving ability
- High technical knowledge of the OSIsoft PI Product Suite
- High technical knowledge utilizing the Microsoft Windows Platform in a domain environment
- High technical knowledge of network configuration, TCP/IP understanding
- Able to work in both team environments as well as unsupervised in a customer environment
- Ability to collect requirements, design and configure manufacturing execution systems, manufacturing intelligence tools, process control system historians and interfaces between these systems and enterprise resource planning systems
- Appropriate and professional demeanor and appearance
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a combination of process control, automation, software development or information technology management in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology or other life sciences industries.
- Demonstrated success in identifying requirements and subsequent development and implementation of PI Installation and Integration Activities
- Completion of the following OSIsoft training or demonstrable experience
- PI System Architecture, Planning, and Implementation
- Building PI System Assets and Analytics with PI AF
- PI System Administration for IT Professionals
Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Science, or Chemical Engineering