« Back to Listings
Our client a leading healthcare services operation located in the Boston area has a need for a Business Analyst to join their team!
The Business Analyst will be responsible for assisting with business intelligence initiatives, primarily through Cognos BI tools, to help end users access and analyze data from a data warehouse, data mart, OLAP source or operational systems. This position will also assist in developing the technical requirements, planning, rollout, and support of the front-end reporting tools used throughout the organization. Additionally, the business analyst will act as the gatekeeper for all requests from stakeholders and be a key resource when validating development efforts before they go to production.
- Plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of business intelligence initiatives
- Partner with stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and develop work flows and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements
- Work with leadership to establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes
- Create specifications for projects to meet business requirements and may participate in unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Collaborate with leadership with adoption and implementation of new methods and technologies to gain significant operational gain and financial benefit
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues
- Coordinate with and provides support to operational managers on matters pertaining to resource management and operational analysis
- Assure accuracy and integrity of data and analysis
- Contribute data and information to support Finance IS leadership in the development of the annual budget, ongoing budget management, interpretation of management reports and implementation of priority initiatives
- Respond promptly and effectively to customers and colleagues, clarifying requests and providing guidance and suggestions to assure that the resultant information appropriately addresses the issue under investigation
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by promoting the concepts and principles of Lean and Six Sigma throughout the Finance Division
- Using recognized tools and techniques, identifies opportunities for cost containment or reduction and makes recommendations to leadership to initiate process improvement events
- Leads process improvement efforts within the Finance IS department and across the Finance Division needed
- Provide subject matter expertise on exiting operational/production reports
- Assist in developing and facilitating in-house training, best-practice scenarios and process flow standards and documentation
- In-depth knowledge and at least three to five years hands-on experience with the COGNOS reporting tool suite (i.e. Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Transformer, and Event Studio)
- At least two years’ experience with a business intelligence and data warehouse environment
Strong analytic, problem solving, and collaborative skills
- Knowledge and understanding of relational and dimensional data models and structured query language (SQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to deliver presentations
- Experience in business requirements gathering
- Candidate should have an understanding financial and business principles
Candidate must be able to demonstrate their effectiveness in working in complex and dynamic environments. Must be capable of operating at both the strategic and tactical level to facilitate successful communication with all levels of clinical and administrative staff. The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter with an extreme attention to detail and data accuracy. Candidate must have good written skills to aid development of requirements documents.
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001