« Back to Listings
Senior Systems Engineer
Our client a leading Telecommunications company located in the Boston area has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer. The Senior Systems Engineer will be a subject matter expert in Microsoft, VMware, Storage and ideally Linux systems. They will be responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing operations of the storage environments.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist with the integration of servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems. Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, connectivity, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Assist with and provide training to team members on differing areas of technology as well as our environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related major preferred and/or Related technical certifications
- Red Hat Linux 6.x/7.x, Oracle Linux 6.x and Windows server 2008/2012, including installation, configuration and system modification
- Hands on experience with VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x including ESXi and vCenter builds and creating new servers and troubleshooting
- In depth understanding of Storage Area Networks, including solutions from EMC (Clarion, VNX, VMAX, Data Domain)
- Veeam 9 and Backup Exec 2012 experience.
- In depth understanding of Linux/Unix platforms, VMWare
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- Expert knowledge of network and Server operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Cisco, VMWare, and others
- Expert hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Disaster recovery and Business Continuity planning and implementation
- Cisco MDS zoning experience
- Cisco UCS experience
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.