Our client a leading healthcare services operation located in the Boston area has a need for a System Engineer to join their team!
Concentration on Linux, MySQL and virtualization technologies such as VMware, Vsphere, Vcenter and esxi servers are key.
You will have a broad range of responsibilities including: effective server installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of physical, virtual, and OS’s plus related infrastructure including networking. You will participate in technical research and support to enable continued innovation within the infrastructure. You will specifically be responsible for ensuring system hardware, operating systems, networking and related procedures, adhere to organizational standards, continued automation deployment, follow security guidelines, and provide appropriate resources needed for research.
Systems supported include Linux and Windows physical and cloud-based servers, and storage systems.
• Server Administration: Manage and administer production servers used by researchers and Research Centers: including purchasing (hardware selection/recommendation), deployment and support. This includes monitoring system performance, networking, data storage and backup/restore needs, maintainability, and availability.
• Use automated deployment tools to rapidly provision systems (Puppet/Chef, Ansible, Spacewalk, Kickstart, etc.) and experience with VMware, vSphere, Vcenter and esxi servers.
• Responsible for tier 1 monitoring of servers/systems: provide break/fix support, setup/installation support, escalation support, and solutions support. This will include working with various hardware and software vendors through support agreements or with open-source community as well as service owners.
• Technical and Customer Support: Work with support specialists and Service managers to provide support to scientific researchers who use a broad spectrum of applications from diverse fields
• Responsible for the inventory and tracking of computer related equipment.
• Develop and maintain system documentation using wiki and knowledge management tools.
• Create and close work orders for tasks using established standards
• Off-hours on-call support is required.
• BA/BS degree required or equivalent combination of skills/experience.
• 3+ years of experience required in technical support within a large, networked computing environment.
• Candidate must possess knowledge and understanding of Linux and Windows server configurations including networking (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, or equivalent).
• Experience in open-source automation systems (Puppet/Chef, Ansible, Spacewalk
• Experience with VMware, vSphere, Vcenter, and esxi server administration.
• Experience with Apache, SSL and certificate generation.
• Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
• Knowledge and understanding of security and monitoring software packages including but not limited to O/S, network, application (nagios, Argus, Ganglia), MS technologies, intrusion detection.
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001