Our Client, a world-leading environmental sciences corporation, has an immediate opportunity for an experienced IT, SDLC Project Manager to join their team in the Hartford CT area on a long-term contract basis.
Under general supervision, oversees the planning, execution, and completion of small to medium-sized Technology projects and assumes responsibility for custom software development projects, implementation of out of the box solutions, and enhancements to existing software. Works in a matrixed environment and will own and lead a diverse set of technology resources for the duration of the project. Communicates project status to Senior and Executive Technology Leadership and will be ultimately responsible for project success.
• Drives all project activities through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), effectively applying various project methodologies and enforcing project standards, to ensure quality and successful on-time, on-budget delivery of their project(s).
• Under supervision of Senior Leadership, assembles project teams, assigns individual responsibilities, develops project schedules and determines and acquires resources needed.
• Assists in communicating the business case to project team to assist with decision making and prioritization; keeps business case at fore-front to drive decisions.
• Acts as liaison between technology/business stakeholders and Senior Leadership on project status, issues and risks.
• Creates and maintains project plans and ensures effective financial forecasting and tracking.
• Interfaces with other technology and business organizations to reach agreement on scope, obtain resources and ensure proper preparedness.
• Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to organizational policies and procedures.
May coach and mentor less-experienced team members and act as team leader on systems projects.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree and 5+years of IT PM experience with increasing responsibilities.
Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate and/or Agile Certification.
• Managing multiple projects, in various stages of the SDLC, at one time.
• Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology (specifically in Guide Five and Nine, Waterfall).
• Agile Project Management methodologies.
• Leading infrastructure-related projects such as network upgrades, hardware procurement, core Technology application deployments (such as email upgrades), and deployment and/or facility build-out.
• Aiding in definition of systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
• Presenting, communicating and articulating effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences, Senior Leadership, VPs and C-Level Executives).
• Ability to interface with senior-level stakeholders in both Information Technology and the business units to partner on project scope, risk mitigation and issue resolution.
• Understanding all aspects of the IT Governance and reporting.
• Ability to create, own and present executive level presentations or communications.
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org (855) 863-0464 x.1001