« Back to Listings
Our client, a world leading financial institution, is actively seeking a Senior Scrum Master to join their team in Chicago, IL on a long-term contract basis.
- Assist in the “building” of Agile teams/squads within the Risk Department.
- Provide support to the Product Owner and Delivery Team, and lead by example. This person should personify Agile.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and resolved.
- Continually improve Scrum Master skills through education and engaging with fellow Scrum Masters.
- Collaborate with Product Owner and Team to plan and execute project implementations.
- Supports the identification and mitigation of project risks.
- Identifies and acts on coaching opportunities at the individual and team level.
- Conducts regular assessments of a team Agile Maturity and uses the results to guide them to improved performance.
- Coordinates and encourages participation from all team members in scrum ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer-term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning, Release Train Planning).
- Work with Product Owner and Delivery Team to facilitate effective sprints by removing impediments and ensuring that stories are 'sprint ready'
- Support the Product Owner, especially with respect to story grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks using Agile best practices and project data
- Arrange daily stand-ups, facilitate story grooming, coordinate sprint demos, planning and retrospectives.
- Create improved IT processes and workflow.
- Create and/or improve new and existing processes and tools to allow Technology Engineering to deliver better, more predictable, project documentation for the operationalizing of business projects.
- Daily program management throughout the program lifecycle.
- Defining the program governance (controls)
- Understands Agile values and principles and can guide and coach teams, and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Hands on experience with agile transformations, building Agile teams and implementing Agile “from scratch”.
- Involved in being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (diverse team sizes, organizations, cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe) / Scrum of Scrums or equivalent.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Demonstrated experience and success with organizational process design and implementation.
- Strong background in ITIL and Agile methodologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in project and program management.
- Assist with response to regulatory audits regarding process flows.
- Understands backlog tracking, Scrum and Kanban based metrics, task definition, story splitting.
- Experience in sprint & release planning, running demos and retrospectives.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and strong reasoning skills as well as good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to review large amounts of data and analyze and spot trends and provide analysis and insights.
- Experience consolidating data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with Agile PLM tools like JIRA, Portfolio for JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.
- Proven ability to work with toolsets including, but not limited to Jira, MS Project, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and IT systems design.
- Familiarity within a ticketing system such as ServiceNow
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a minimum of 5 years for a software development team that was applying Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
- Strong JIRA experience. (minimum 5 years)
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 8+ years equivalent work experience.
- Scrum Master Certified, PMP, and/or ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Rich Braun, EVP Talent: email@example.com (855) 863-0464 x.1001